Position Name: Electrophysiology Tech
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Duration: 13+ Weeks
Shift: DAYS - 10HRS: 0630-1700 (rotating days off) PLUS CALL
- Demonstrates ability to operate equipment safely and accurately.
- Operate monitor/recording equipment in all cardiac Cath lab procedures.
- Able to balance and calibrate pressure transducers and amplifiers in all rooms electrically and mechanically.
- Troubleshoots and corrects ECG tracing problems.
- Operates tableside C-arm controls.
- Insures all POC testing equipment is maintained according to established standards.
- Applies prescribed three major principals of radiation safety always Collects, assesses, and maintains patient data.
- Enters patient demographics into both monitoring and x-ray equipment.
- Records all patient and monitor data on event log according to established guidelines. Archives procedure to CD-ROM.
- Enters all data into computer system for accurate billing and patient procedure history.
- Reduces all right and left heart data to basic form for physician interpretation and reporting.
- Assesses and documents pulses distal to catheter insertion site pre- and post-surgical.
- Recognizes rhythms and sudden hemodynamic changes. Assists invasive cardiologist with all invasive coronary procedures.
- Ability to scrub in all procedures in diagnostic and Interventional Cardiac Cath Lab and EP.
- Proficient in-patient preparation and sterile tray set up.
- Assists the cardiologist with required catheter and wire manipulation while maintaining the required sterile technique. Core EP duties.
- Operates monitor/recorder and intracardiac simulator for EP studies.