Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Location: Hybrid Turpin and Broward County FL 32601
(90% remote and 10% onsite)
Shift Hours: M - F 8 AM to 5PM
- Patient enrollment into the Circle of Care Program.
- Patient education the patient regarding the benefits of the program.
- Develop realistic goals for the patient to succeed in and monitoring them.
- Create, review, and revise the nephrology patient's plan of care.
- Documentation of the patient's lab values, vitals, blood results, diet/nutrition, etc.
- Facilitate customized care plans and guidelines for managing chronic conditions.
- Oversee patients progress with care plan goals acting as a patient advocate and information resource.
- Provide patient education on chronic kidney disease (CKD) and other related illnesses.
- Outline a plan for healthy lifestyle choices and healthy behaviors important for optimal CKD management including, blood pressure and blood sugar control, weight management and appropriate exercise, smoking cessation, medication management, nutrition modifications, and compliance with medical appointments.
- Apply principles of personalized chronic care management, shared decision making and patient coaching.
- Daily review of hospital discharges to ensure new and established patients are scheduled for follow-up appointments.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program preferred
- At least (2) two years of relevant medical assistant experience in a physician clinic with broad
- Software- Proficient in Internet Navigation, Microsoft Word, Outlook, EHR/EMR, (AthenaNet preferred)
- Nephrology clinic or dialysis experience (preferred)
- Comply with all HIPAA, OSHA, Compliance, and IT standards and policies.
- Spanish/ English Bilingual
- Certified Medical Assistant (preferred)
- 2-3 years' experience (required)
- Experience working remotely (required)
- Experience with Epic, and Cerner (preferred)
- Tech Savvy (Excel, Microsoft teams, or similar apps) (required)
- Patience, compassion, and understanding (required)
- Call Center Experience
- Hospital Experience
- Managed Care Experience
- Kidney/Nephrology/Home Health experience