Position Summary: Provide comprehensive care management services to children and youth with SED and their families and / or to adults with SPMI. Develop relationships with consumers and assist them in overcoming challenges to live healthy, successful lives in the community. Collaborate with interdisciplinary team and community partners to provide innovative solutions to help consumers achieve their goals.
- Providing quality consumer care
- Engage with consumers monthly to assess needs, develop and address care plan goals, and coordinate care.
- Complete visits with consumers in the community (home, school, court, etc) to evaluate needs and connect with individuals where they are.
- Address mental health, physical health, social determinants of health, gaps in care, and ED/IP utilization.
- Provide side by side approach to consumers in evaluating and addressing barriers to engagement in treatment.
- Assist with referral and linkage to community resources and advocate for consumers whenever necessary.
- Collaborate with consumers' support system and identify / increase supports when needed.
- Follow training handouts and policies to ensure consumer care is delivered with utmost quality.
- Ensure timely and comprehensive documentation as informed by agency policies and procedures.
- Meet productivity standards as indicated in the policies and procedures.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a health-related field of counseling, psychology, social work, or other behavioral health field required.
- Team Oriented
- Recovery Focuses
- Interpersonal Skills
- Initiative and Follow Through
- Time Management and Organization
- THL Measures Effectively Addressed
- Meets Program Productivity Standards
- Timely Documentation
- Solution Focused
- Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.