Medical Recruitment Strategies is looking for the best Certified Nursing Assistants in Bristol, RI, who will perform a variety of work involving direct care and treatment to patients and exercising custody and supervision of patients consistent with nursing care and special treatment plans.
- Perform a variety of duties involved in providing direct care and treatment to and supervision and custody of patients consistent with nursing care and special treatment plans. provide simple treatments, such as bandaging and administering enemas; assists a nurse in providing other minor treatments.
- Provide personal care to patients, including baths, mouth care, perennial care, toiletry, hair care, and
- Lift and transfer patients to and from beds, chairs, stretchers, tubs; utilizes correct body mechanics, and
- personal safety techniques.
- Make ward rounds and observe each patient's condition; reports unusual occurrences and irregularities to a superior.
- Measure and record patients' temperature (oral, rectal, axillary), pulse, respirations, height, weight (wheelchair, standard scale) and intake and output.
- Collect and label specimens.
- Transport/escort patients; assists with a variety of exercise, and recreational patient activities.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of the patient's immediate environment; makes and changes beds, cares
- for patients clothing and personal effects.
- Recognize and implement a full range of infection control and disease prevention measures, including TB, bloodborne pathogens, standard and isolation precautions.
- Antiseptically clean toilets, bedpans, and other equipment used in the care and treatment of patients.
- Use comfort, safety, and restraint devices as required by policy.
- Provide patients with basic range of motion exercises.
- Assist in providing food service for patients; feeds patients who require such assistance.
- Collaborate with professional staff and contributes to treatment planning and quality assurance activities
- Perform related work as required.
- A working knowledge of the practices involved in patient care, including those relating to first aid, housekeeping, personal needs, minor treatments and infection control and an ability to effectively apply this knowledge to the care, treatment, and custody of patients
- The capacity to recognize the uniqueness of each patient and the ability to apply the principles of preventive, restorative, and rehabilitative care in performing patient care; the ability to perform a variety of routine hospital tasks involved in the care and custody of patients; the ability to understand and carry out simple oral and written instructions
- The ability to maintain simple records, and related knowledge, skills, abilities, and capacities.
- Training or employment involving the opportunity to gain familiarity with routine hospital or clinical patient care procedures
Apply now and be part of one of the biggest companies in the country! If you are interested, you can also send your application through this posting!