- Greet and prepare patients for treatment in a timely, pleasant, and professional manner.
- Sterilize and prepare instruments for tray setups before dental procedures.
- Take diagnostic-digital imaging as prescribed by the dentists.
- Practice within the legal scope of assistant duties with or without certification, depending on state regulations.
- Maintain meticulous records on patient charts and documents.
- Setup and break down rooms according to infection control protocols between patients.
- Communicate patient and equipment needs with co-workers.
- Other duties as assigned by Practice Leader and/or Dentist.
- Work with and maintain all dental equipment.
- Positively contribute to a respectful and collaborative working environment.
- Facilitate patient comfort, care, and satisfaction professionally.
- Present to work during scheduled shifts (see office manual for specifics).
Education and Experience
- At least one year of dental assisting experience, particularly with 4-handed dentistry.
- Current CPR certification.
- Other State License/Certification Requirements based on the state you are employed in.
- Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) Certification preferred.
- Eaglesoft experience
- PA Radiology license