Schedule: Part-Time 25 - 30 hours weekly.
Dental Assistant and Front Office Coordinator Duties/Responsibilities
- Greet and prepare patients for treatment in a timely, pleasant, and professional manner.
- Maintain meticulous records to ensure all provider, insurance, and patient accounts are recorded and posted correctly
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments to maximize the provider schedules
- Present treatment plans and financial responsibilities effectively to patients
- Address patient concerns while remaining calm, effective, and even-tempered in high-pressure circumstances
- Sterilize and prepare instruments for tray setups before dental procedures.
- Take diagnostic-digital imaging as prescribed by the dentists.
- Practice within the legal scope of assistant duties with or without certification, depending on state regulations.
- Maintain meticulous records on patient charts and documents.
- Setup and break down rooms according to infection control protocols between patients.
- Communicate patient and equipment needs with co-workers.
- Other duties as assigned by Practice Leader and/or Dentist.
Dental Assistant and Front Office Coordinator Required Skills/Abilities
- Dental office and assisting experience required.
- Work with and maintain all dental equipment.
- Facilitate patient comfort, care and satisfaction consistently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to ensure exceptional customer service.
- Positively contribute to a respectful and collaborative working environment.
- Facilitate patient comfort, care, and satisfaction in a professional manner.
- Present to work during scheduled shifts (see office manual for specifics).
- X-ray License
- EagleSoft knowledge
Dental Assistant and Front Office Coordinator Education and Experience
- At least one year of dental assisting and dental office support experience.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current radiology license, as required by the state (NJ)
- Other State License/Certification Requirements based on the state you are employed.
- Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) Certification preferred.
Dental Assistant and Front Office Coordinator Physical Requirements
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing and bending.
- Must be able to lift <15 pounds at times.
Benefits for Full-Time Employees* (Change to PART-TIME IF NEEDED)
- PTO, paid holidays, office closure days
- Dental allowance
- 401(k) Eligibility
- And many more!