This position is responsible for visiting long term care facilities and assisting patients and physicians with dental care. Main duties include maintaining clinical records and charts through electronic medical records and care and cleaning of medical equipment.
Every position requires 100% travel and they will service a 2.5 hour radius around their location. If anyone is on the fence about travel it will be an automatic no as far as moving forward with them. That is not something that can be adjusted. Must be willing to travel a 2 hr radius as needed *Mileage reimbursement offered + drive time pay. Company van will be provided
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist doctor with patient care in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Responsible for pretesting duties.
- Maintains current and accurate clinical records and charts through electronic medical records.
- Responsible for all care and cleaning of medical equipment.
- Responsible for clean-up of service area used facility.
- Assist with patient transportation.
- Able to multitask, be detail oriented and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of medical and dental terminology.
- Ensure a positive experience for our patients.
- Communicate effectively with all patients, family members, providers, faculty, and staff.
- Provide timely responses to patient inquiries; document conversations in the EMR.
- Requires travel up to 100% of the time.
- Actively supports and complies with all components of the compliance program, including, but not limited to, completion of training and reporting of suspected violations of law and Company policy.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information; abides with HIPAA and PHI guidelines at all times.
- Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
- High School education or GED.
- Medical / Dental Assistant experience preferred.
- Must have own reliable transportation, good driving record, and car insurance.
- Must have completed and passed a two-step Tuberculosis (TB) Skin Test.
- Hepatitis B and Flu vaccination is preferred.
- Must have state radiation license or certificate.
- Must have good computer skills and medical terminology experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to follow directions and listen to needs of patients and doctors.
- Physical Demands:
Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Requires standing, walking, pushing, and stooping on a periodic basis. Frequent lifting requirements vary depending upon specialty division hired for. (Ophthalmology and Vision: less than 50 pounds. Podiatry: minimal lifting. : 50 pounds or more.) Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair. Requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid time off