Work Location:18 West Hill Park, Natick, MA 01760
Shift: M-F 8-4/9-5
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides nursing services as defined in the LPN scope of practice and under the direction of the Director of Health Services.
Minimum Education Required
Additional Shift Details
- Assist residents with all aspects of medical management including physicals, referrals, prescriptions, appointments and treatments. Provide emergency first aid in the case of a medical crisis.
- Coordinate with residents, family members, physicians, other medical providers, and site team regarding all medical care and changes in status, treatment or medication.
- Implement, oversee, document and supervise medication management in accordance with agency and founder regulations.
- Oversee direct care staff, under the direction of the Residential Program Nurse.
- Monitor and evaluate the continuity and level of care provided, devising ideas for quality improvement when needed.
- Participate in staff meetings, training's, service planning meetings, resident and family meetings.
- Massachusetts as a Licensed Practical Nurse and 1 year experience in a community health-care setting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with individuals, families, funding sources, consultants, the community at large, and the program and administrative staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.