What are the daily responsibilities of the role?
· Provide patient clinical coordination in a variety of environments including home, infusion suites, hospitals and doctor offices.
· Train patients in the self-administration of treatments, and how to quickly recognize and respond to symptoms of adverse physical reactions to treatments.
· Coordinate with pharmacists to address changes in patient condition or drug management issues. Collaborate and confer with TRC (Therapeutic Resource Center) staff regarding patient status and treatment needs
· Document all interactions and communication with patients, plan of treatment (POT), assessment, treatments, patient responses/reactions to treatment, status of disease process and training activities in a timely manner using company issued tools.
· Complete training for new/specialty infusion therapies.
· IV skills, strong assessment skills
· Peds preferred, not required, but must be receptive.
· HHC experience strongly preferred.
· Computer skills (Apple).
· Cardiopulmonary is a plus. Could see PAH patients.
· Team player, positive attitude, flexible
· Organizational skills, attention to detail
· Willingness to learn - not arrogant.
· Willingness to travel.
· Patients do not interact with a lot of people, the candidates need to have interpersonal skills. The nurse needs to understand this. Infusion time varies (2 hours to 8-9 hours). They are the face of , representative of the company. Good communication skills, help them with insurance issues, etc. (getting them in touch with the right people (PCAs, etc.)).
What you must have:
- Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing
- High School Diploma or GED, plus 8+ years of relevant RN experience; or
- 5+ years of relevant RN experience with an associate of science in nursing degree; or
- 2+ years of relevant RN experience with a Bachelor of Science in Nursingdegree
- 1+ years as a specialty RN in a critical care, acute, or home health care environment
- Strong IV insertion skills
- Valid driver's license
- Willingness to travel within an assigned geographic area
- Ability to work Monday-Friday, day shift, as well as the ability to do occasional evening or weekend patient visits as needed.
- Flexibility to work alternate shifts on short notice and be on call for field visits as determined by business need
- Adequate home internet access will be required in this role