All EMERGENCY international personnel are expected to know and follow the hospital admissions criteria, guidelines, protocols, and the diagnosis and treatment standards in use in the Centre, and to ensure the correct compilation of clinical records and statistics in both computer and paper formats.
The main duties and responsibilities of the International Cardiovascular Nurse are:
- Care of patients at all stages of their diagnosis and treatment, both for surgical procedures and post-procedure in Cath Lab;
- in the High Dependency Unit, care of critical patients who are not in need of intensive care, or those discharged from ICU.
INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
- Care of patients with acute decompensated heart failure (pre-op);
- post-op care of cardiac surgery patients starting from day 0;
- care of patients with post-op complications: prolonged mechanical ventilation, intra aortic balloon pump, continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT).
Preparation and care of patients undergoing diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
Furthermore, in all departments:
- Correct application and supervision of the nursing protocols, including those regarding hygiene and sterility;
- correct compilation and maintenance of nursing notes, clinical files and patient records;
- assistance in clinical research and record keeping as required by the scientific programmes of the specialist sector of the Medical Division of EMERGENCY.