Work Location: 28 Mill Street Central Marlborough Massachusetts 01752 United States
Shift: Part-Time Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 11pm-7am
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for the provision of direct care and nursing care to meet identified individuals health maintenance needs. He/she works as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support people at the program around all domains of living and to support the achievement of goals identified by individuals in Respite.
Minimum Education Required
High School Diploma/GED
- Assists with rehabilitation of residents and health maintenance in accordance with the Individual Action Plan.
- Uphold in all areas of work the philosophy of the Advocates Way and the Intentional Care Standards while serving people at the program.
- Contribute to assessment, individual risk management/safety planning, discharge planning, and care coordination.
- Assists the Nurse Manager and individuals staying at the program with administration of medications and therapeutic treatments according to site policies and procedures as well as the person's abilities.
- Assists with the education of residents and staff in areas such as medication management, checking pulse, temperature, blood pressure and blood glucose levels.
- Implements interventions and documents progress according to program policies and procedures.
- Reports changes in resident's status or unusual activity/occurrence to the Nurse Manager or Clinician On-Call in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintains documentation/record keeping in accordance with agency and program guidelines.
- Advocates for residents and coordinate with other healthcare providers.
- Utilizes a person centered rehabilitation and recovery perspective to modify the approach to each individual person.
- Ensure an environment that promotes safety, recovery, and treatment.
- Attends and actively participates in supervision, staff, team, and family meetings
- Attend trainings as assigned; maintain necessary certifications (CPR, First Aid, SOLVE, MAP).
- Ensure that individuals we support are treated with dignity and respect in accordance with Advocates' Human Rights Policy.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the agency's policies and procedures.
Graduate of an approved nursing school with current license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Licensed Practical Nurse and 1 year experience, experience with people with diagnosed mental health issues who live in the community preferred.
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and ability to use good judgment.
Must have basic computer knowledge.
High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team atmosphere.
Must hold a valid driver license, access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport individuals.
- Demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.