Job Title: LPN/LVN
Schedule : Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
Address : McLaughlin House 333 Park Street, North Reading, MA (01864)
Brief Job Description:
- Take a lead role in assessing potential program participants at his or her residential site; identify the program participant's needs and functional abilities.
- Coordinate assessment for new durable medical equipment needs. Provide over site and ensure on- going equipment checks and regularly scheduled maintenance.
- Participate initially and at least annually in a team assessment with the applicant, family member / guardian, and Residential Program Director as to whether the applicant can manage their personal care services.
- Complete the annual assessments related to the program participant's support needs.
- Ensure Physician's Authorization for each GAFC resident twice annually per Medicaid site policies (if applicable).
- Prior to an applicant's admission to the program, complete a Medication Assessment and develop an Emergency sheet, Medication List, nursing care plan, guidelines, protocols, individualized ADL sheet and coordinate with the Residential Program Director to complete a risk plan.
- Develop an individualized Emergency Contact sheet, which includes family, guardian, physician's (PCP and specialists), clinic/hospital contact information, Social Security Number, Mass Health ID number, date of birth, gender, guardianship, health care proxy, marital status and code status, and program start date for each new resident prior to his/her start at the program.
- Assist residents with all aspects of medical management including physicals, referrals, prescriptions, appointments, and treatments.
- Coordinate with residents, family members, physicians, other medical providers, and site team regarding all medical care and changes in status, treatment, or medication.
- Implement, oversee, and supervise medication management and best practices in accordance with agency policy relating to MAP in a manner consistent with finder regulations.
- Provide supervision and oversight in Supported Living Program (SLP) programs and nursing team in coordination with the Nursing Director.
- Provide and document person-centered training to direct care staff as part of the nursing team. Develop and implement training's as part of the nursing team as needed.
- Promote and maintain a safe environment:
- Complete all documentation in a timely manner to ensure the availability of accurate information in accordance with established standards.
- Monitor and evaluate resident care and generate ideas for quality improvement.
- Remain available on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Schedule and notify off days with Nursing Director to ensure on call coverage.
- Actively participate in staff meetings, training's, service planning meetings, care coordination meetings, resident, and family meetings.
- Attend training's as assigned; maintains necessary certifications (CPR, MA Registration in Nursing).
- Ensure that individuals we support are treated with dignity and respect in accordance with the Brain Injury Services Division's Human Rights Policy.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the agency's policies and procedures.