Shift: typically 8:30a-5p M-F
Client considers normal commute 30min, 20 miles ( both ways, there and back) anything over that drive time pay and millage reimbursement is offered. Drive time pay is anything over the 30min and the mileage is 48 cents to every mile.
The Medical Assistants do not have to be certified but that does help if they are.
Purpose: This position is responsible for visiting long term care facilities and assisting patients and physicians with optometry and podiatry care. Main duties include maintaining clinical records and charts through electronic medical records and care and cleaning of medical equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
· Assist doctor with patient care in a prompt and courteous manner.
· Responsible for pretesting duties.
· Maintains current and accurate clinical records and charts through electronic medical records.
· Responsible for all care and cleaning of medical equipment.
· Responsible for clean-up of service area used facility.
· Assist with patient transportation.
· Able to multitask, be detail oriented and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
· Strong knowledge of medical terminology.· Ensure a positive experience for our patients.
· Communicate effectively with all patients, family members, providers, faculty, and staff.
· Provide timely responses to patient inquiries; document conversations in the EMR.
· Requires travel up to 100% of the time.
· Actively supports and complies with all components of the compliance program, including, but not limited to, completion of training and reporting of suspected violations of law and Company policy.
· Maintains confidentiality of all information; abides with HIPAA and PHI guidelines at all times.
· Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
· High School education or GED.
· Medical Assistant experience preferred.
· Must have own reliable transportation, good driving record, and car insurance.
· Good computer skills and medical terminology experience required.
· Must have excellent communication skills.
· Must be able to follow directions and listen to needs of patients and doctors.
Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Requires standing, walking, pushing, and stooping on a periodic basis. Frequent lifting requirements vary depending upon specialty division hired for. (Ophthalmology and Vision: less than 50 pounds. Podiatry: minimal lifting. Dental: 50 pounds or more.) Must be able to push patients in wheelchair. Requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids.