Hi! Our client is looking for Medical Assistant!
MEDICAL ASSISTANT CERTIFICATION IS NOT REQUIRED
Qualifications: Job description Purpose:
This position is responsible for visiting long term care facilities and assisting patients and physicians with optometry and podiatry care.
Main duties include
- Maintaining clinical records and charts through electronic medical records and care and cleaning of medical equipment.
- Must be willing to travel a 2-hour radius as needed. **Mileage reimbursement + travel time pay offered
- No Nights or Weekends!
Essential Job Functions: ·
- Assist doctor with patient care in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Maintains current and accurate clinical records and charts through electronic medical records.
- Responsible for all care and cleaning of medical equipment.
- Responsible for clean-up of service area at the facility.
- Assist with patient transportation.
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology.
- Provide timely responses to patient inquiries; document conversations in the EMR.
- Requires travel up to 100% of the time.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information; abides with HIPAA and PHI guidelines at all times.
- Coordinating repairs of medical equipment and ordering medical supplies.
- High School education or GED.
- Medical Assistant experience preferred.
- Must have own reliable transportation, good driving record, and car insurance.
- Good computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft programs and basic medical terminology experience required.
- Requires standing, walking, pushing, and stooping on a periodic basis. Frequent lifting requirements vary depending upon specialty division hired for. (Ophthalmology and Vision: less than 50 pounds. Podiatry: minimal lifting. Dental: 50 pounds or more.)
- Must be able to push patients in wheelchair. Requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
- Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids. We will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. We are an equal opportunity employer