**** This is an urgent need!!! ****
Note: TEMP POSITION FOR RIGHT NOW AND MAY GO PERM AND NOT GUARANTEED
As Care Management Support Assistant 1 (MEDICAL SCRIBE POSITION), you will:
* Ensuring uncompromised patient care by transcribing fast and accurately, as well as performing thorough editing.
* Typing out the full forms of medical abbreviations and acronyms, as well as the formal versions of medical jargon.
* Identifying and following up on inconsistencies, errors, and missing information within a transcribed report.
* Submitting transcriptions to health care professionals for their approval in a timely manner.
* Performing additional tasks such as following up and revising patient history, as well as entering medical reports into electronic health records systems.
* Protecting patient confidentiality and adhering to legal requirements.
* Work with transcription equipment that can include speech recognition equipment, word processing, and computer software
* Create templates and enter data into electronic health record (EHR) systems for updated record keeping and archives
* Performing clerical and administrative tasks as necessary, including mail, phone calls, scheduling, submitting insurance claims, and operating common office machines.
* Recording patient medical histories, physical examinations, test results, diagnoses, and treatment plans in digital audio files
* Providing customer service to physicians, nurses, other health care professionals, and patients through email, telephone, or face-to-face meetings
* Medical terminology
* 1 year experience preferred
* Principles of billing, coding, and reimbursement
* EMR navigation and functionality, as appropriate based on job description
* Computerized order entry, clinical decision support and reminders, and proper methods for pending orders for authentication and submission.
* Medical terminology and technical spelling
* Basic anatomy
* Basic coding
* HIPAA compliance
* Medico-legal risk mitigation
* Computer aptitude, including functions of the EHR
* Essential elements of documenting a provider-patient encounter
* General knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of medical personnel
M-F 8 to 5