*TEMP - PERM ASSIGNMENT*
Shift: 8AM - 5PM
The Medical Assistant 1 is the first point of contact for patient care. Responsible for administrative duties in addition to patient care. The Medical Assistant 1 performs basic administrative/clerical/operational/customer support/computational tasks. Typically works on routine and patterned assignments. The Medical Assistant 1 performs clinical duties such as:
- Discussing symptoms and gathering and inputting information into the electronic medical records system taking vital signs giving injections performing diagnostic tests collecting specimens drawing blood sterilizing and cleaning equipment and maintaining examination rooms at an outpatient care site.
- Collaborates closely with Physicians and Nurses.
- Delivers direct patient care dependent on what active certification allows.
- Decisions are limited to defined parameters around work expectations quality standards priorities and timing and works under close supervision and/or within established policies/practices and guidelines with minimal opportunity for deviation.
High School Diploma
Less than 2 years of Medical Assistant experience in 'back-office' direct patient care
Applicable State licensure in field of study RMA/ CMA Current CPR certification
Less than 2 years of Professional leadership experience
This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana/Senior Bridge's Tuberculosis TB screening program. If selected for this role you will be required to be screened for TB.
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills
- Experience in a fast pace/high volume environment
- Experience with MS Outlook Basic Computer knowledge
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Preferred Qualifications Bilingual Hands-on professional Phlebotomy experience
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records Experience with HEDIS Active Medical Assistant Certification or Registration from the following: American Association of Medical Assistant AAMA National Healthcareer Association American Registry of Medical Assistants National Association for Health Professionals and/or American Medical Technologist