Work Location: 136 N Main Street, Thiensville, WI 53092
Shift: 9-5, M-F
**Client is willing to pay for candidate to get certified if they are not and are interested
Pharmacy Technician Responsibilities and Daily Activities:
- Supports pharmacological services by stocking, assembling, and distributing medications.
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone, answering questions and requests, and referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed medications and supplies, placing and expediting orders, verifying receipt, and removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions, preparing labels, calculating quantities, and assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions.
- Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Pharmacy Technician Qualifications / Skills:
- Supply management
- Reporting skills
- Attention to detail
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Quality focus
- Analyzing information
- Informing others
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting
- Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- State Certification (preferred NOT required)
***Temp to Hire position