Pharmacy Technician / Woodridge IL 60517 / ONSITE
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the pharmacist in the preparation of medications for
distribution to Long-Term Care (LTC) communities based on physician orders, achieved by following
departmental policies and procedures within the scope of pharmacy standards.
EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
* High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
* Illinois Pharmacy Technician license and Certification (CPhT) as per state requirements.
* Excellent professional phone and customer service skills.
* Ability to interpret and follow oral and written instructions.
* General computer knowledge including Windows applications.
* Ability to learn abbreviations, brand and generic comparisons for interpreting prescriptions and
* Ability to work in a flexible schedule as 24/7/365 operational needs dictate, including nights,
weekends, and holidays.
* Pharmacy experience; minimum one year.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assists the pharmacist(s) on duty as their primary responsibility; performing these duties as
* Fills orders accurately and efficiently in a timely manner, under the supervision of a pharmacist.
* Develops knowledge of pharmacy policies and procedures and complies with them.
* Assists in toting area for medication deliveries as necessary.
* Any and all duties as assigned by pharmacists or managers.
* Accurately package new and refill orders in the pharmacy software system with emphasis on
correct drug product and quantities.
* Monitor supply of pre-packaged medication cards and initiate packing of new cards when supply
* Repack unit dose medications utilizing automated dispensing and unit-dose packaging machines.
* Prepare external compounds neatly and accurately.
* Meet the daily deadlines of scheduled medication deliveries.
* Stock the pharmacy with inventory daily.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Required standing/walking up to 8 hours per day.
* Occasional lifting above head.
* Frequently operates a computer and other office equipment such as a calculator, copy machine
* Frequently communicates with other employees; must be able to exchange accurate
* Sedentary, light work with ability to exert/lift, push, and pull up to 25 pounds.
* Must be able to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.