Hours: 3:00PM - 11:30PM (4 days a week) & 9:00PM to 6:00PM (1 weekend day)
- Fills prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy, packaging medications for dispensing and for delivery, meeting the accuracy and productivity standards of the pharmacy
- Labels products appropriately, including cautionary or auxiliary labels
- Participates in the periodic inventory of the pharmacy
- May check in drugs and supplies, stock shelves and remove out-of-date items from the inventory
- Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and ointments, which may include non-sterile compounding
- Communicates with internal and external customers in a pleasant and professional manner
- May process returned medications from the facility for credit or destruction
- Assists in the training of new employees
- Also performs at least one of the following:
- Works in the Controlled Drugs (Narcotics) Room;
- Works with automated machine to repack drugs;
- Manages inventory functions such as monitoring pharmaceutical levels and identify expired medications, managing to the pharmacy standard for Days on Hand;
- Inputs patient data and medication orders into a computer system to produce labels (data entry);
- Mixes/packages IV medications, sanitizes IV room, equipment and hood
- Services facility-based medication dispensing machines (e.g., Rx Now)
- Performs other tasks as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience in a pharmacy setting and with medical terminology.
Ability to operate a computer; ability to recognize and identify medications.
Detail oriented; goal oriented, team player, effective oral communication.
Pharmacy Technician license.
Desired: Long Term Care pharmacy experience.