Under direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, and pursuant to specific Board of Pharmacy defined technician
tasks, which may include, accurately filling prescriptions, preparing I.V. medications, and entering computer data,
following standard procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Working under direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist fills prescriptions according
- standards of quality, customer service, productivity guidelines and State Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Works under direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist in prepackaging medication for dispensing according
- to standards and government regulations.
- Re-stock and maintain pharmacy emergency kits.
- Assists the Pharmacist in "final-checking" of filled prescriptions, which may include staging the medication for
- RPh final review and/or packaging of medication post RPh final review and coordinating accurate and timely
- delivery to the customer.
- Assists Pharmacy Management in maintaining good inventory practices which may include receiving and
- rotating incoming medications and supplies, posting lot numbers, expiration dates and assisting in physical
- Works with Technician Supervisor in maintaining a clean/safe work environment, checking equipment for
- calibration, safety and cleanliness.
- Maintains Current state Pharmacy Technician license in State requiring licensing and certification.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company's Code of Business
- Conduct, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws,
- and applicable professional standards
High School Diploma or equivalent experience
Formal training as a Pharmacy Technician (educational program w/ medical focus)
Required: 1 year of related experience in long term care, retail, hospital or mail delivery
Desired: 2-5 years of related experience in long term care, retail, hospital or mail delivery
Desired: Computer literacy (basic skills)
Required: Registration in state requiring it. PTCB certification in states requiring it.
Desired: PTCB certification