5 eight hours shifts and possibly weekends. Shift times are shorter on weekends.
Please see job description below
- Fills prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy, packaging medications for dispensing and for delivery, meeting the accuracy and productivity standards of the pharmacy
- Labels products appropriately, including cautionary or auxiliary labels
- Participates in the periodic inventory of the pharmacy
- May check in drugs and supplies, stock shelves and remove out-of-date items from the inventory
- Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and ointments, which may include non-sterile compounding
- Communicates with internal and external customers in a pleasant and professional manner
- May process returned medications from the facility for credit or destruction
- Assists in the training of new employees
- Also performs at least one of the following:
- Works in the Controlled Drugs (Narcotics) Room;
- Works with automated machine to prepack drugs;
- Manages inventory functions such as monitoring pharmaceutical levels and identify expired medications, managing to the pharmacy standard for Days on Hand;
- Inputs patient data and medication orders into a computer system to produce labels (data entry);
- Mixes/packages IV medications, sanitizes IV room, equipment and hood
- Services facility-based medication dispensing machines (e.g., RxNow)
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- Required: High School diploma or equivalent. Experience in a pharmacy setting and with medical terminology. Ability to operate a computer; ability to recognize and identify medications. Detail oriented; goal oriented, team player, effective oral communication. Pharmacy Technician license.
- Desired: Long Term Care pharmacy experience.