We are looking for PHARMACY TECHNICIAN to jon our team!!!!
Location : 97 McAlister Farm Road Portland Maine 04103 United States
Shift : Mon-Fri 8 am -Noon and every other weekend. Saturday hours 8 am - 6 pm and Sunday hours 9 am - 5 pm
- Required: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a pharmacy setting and with medical terminology.
- Ability to operate a computer; ability to recognize and identify medications.
- Pharmacy Technician license.
- Fills prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy, packaging medications for dispensing and for delivery, meeting the accuracy and productivity standards of the pharmacy
- Labels products appropriately, including cautionary or auxiliary labels
- Participates in the periodic inventory of the pharmacy
- May check in drugs and supplies, stock shelves and remove out-of-date items from the inventory
- Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and ointments, which may include non-sterile compounding
- May process returned medications from the facility for credit or destruction
- Assists in the training of new employees
- Also performs at least one of the following:
- Works in the Controlled Drugs (Narcotics) Room;
- Works with automated machine to prepack drugs;
- Manages inventory functions such as monitoring pharmaceutical levels and identify expired medications, managing to the pharmacy standard for Days on Hand;
- Inputs patient data and medication orders into a computer system to produce labels (data entry);
- Mixes/packages IV medications, sanitizes IV room, equipment and hood
- Services facility-based medication dispensing machines (e.g., RxNow)
All interested candidates, please send your most updated resume to my email :
Referrals are also welcome!!
Come and join our team!!! We look forward to hear from you!