Registered Dental Assistant ensures that quality patient care is a priority. Registered Dental Assistant are an essential part of the team that helps the dentist to set up equipment, educate and prepare patients for treatment, aid the dentist in the safe and efficient execution of procedures, and record and document procedures as directed by the Practice Leader.
Schedule: Mon/Thurs 7:30-5pm Tues 7:30- 7pm Friday7:30 -2 pm
pay: $16-19/hr based on experience
Registered Dental Assistant Duties/Responsibilities
Greet and prepare patients for treatment in a timely, pleasant, and professional manner.
Sterilize and prepare instruments for tray setups before dental procedures.
Take diagnostic-digital imaging as prescribed by the dentists.
Practice within the legal scope of assistant duties with or without certification, depending on state regulations.
Maintain meticulous records on patient charts and documents.
Setup and break down rooms according to infection control protocols between patients.
Communicate patient and equipment needs with co-workers.
Other duties as assigned by Practice Leader, Dentist, and/or Hygienist.
Registered Dental Assistant Required Skills/Abilities
- Work with and maintain all dental equipment.
- Positively contribute to a respectful and collaborative working environment.
- Facilitate patient comfort, care, and satisfaction professionally.
- Present to work during scheduled shifts (see office manual for specifics).
Registered Dental Assistant Education and Experience
- At least one year of dental/hygiene assisting experience.
- Current radiology license in NJ mandated
- Current NJ Registered Dental Assistant license mandated
- Current CPR certification.
- Other State License/Certification Requirements based on the state you are employed.
- Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) Certification preferred.