Schedule: Fulltime 36- 40 weekly, every other Saturday
The Registered Dental Assistant ensures that quality patient care is a priority. Dental Assistants are an essential part of the team that helps the dentist to set up equipment, educate and prepare patients for treatment, aid the dentist in the safe and efficient execution of procedures, and record and document procedures as directed by the Practice Leader.
Registered Dental Assistant Duties/Responsibilities
- Greet and prepare patients for treatment in a timely, pleasant, and professional manner.
- Sterilize and prepare instruments for tray setups before dental procedures.
- Take diagnostic-digital imaging as prescribed by the dentists.
- Practice within the legal scope of assistant duties with or without certification, depending on state regulations.
- Maintain meticulous records on patient charts and documents.
- Setup and break down rooms according to infection control protocols between patients.
- Communicate patient and equipment needs with co-workers.
- Other duties as assigned by Practice Leader and/or Dentist.
Registered Dental Assistant Required Skills/Abilities
- Work with and maintain all dental equipment.
- Positively contribute to a respectful and collaborative working environment.
- Facilitate patient comfort, care, and satisfaction professionally.
- Present to work during scheduled shifts (see office manual for specifics).
- Dentrix experience mandated
- Gendex experience mandated
- Digital Scanning/ iTero experience mandated
Registered Dental Assistant Education and Experience
- At least one year of dental assisting experience.
- Current CPR certification.
- X-Ray License mandated state of NJ
- Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) Certification preferred.