- Consults, follows and documents with sufficient detail nursing care according to facility policy and procedures. When policies do not comprehensively cover the nursing/administrative practice, initiates supervision with nursings chain of command, medical staff and/or administrator-on-call if afterhours.
- Effectively communicates with the medical staff, receives verbal/written orders and takes care to minimize abbreviation or other errors.
- Conducts a comprehensive nursing assessment on all patients admitted within eight (8) hours. Corresponding documentation reflects the medical and emotional status, admitting orders and the initial care plan.
- Identifies indicators for reassessment of the patients conditions, reaction/responsiveness and involvement of other disciplines.
- Administers medications, observes compliance/safe administration, consults pharmacy when indicated and records effectiveness or reactions to psychotropic and other medications.
- Safely and accurately performs vital signs, electrocardiograms, phlebotomy/labs and diabetic/glucose monitoring. Interprets results and takes appropriate nursing action.
- Provides patient education and verifies understanding.
- Arranges for additional consultations and test, and proactively coordinate transportation when needed.
- Monitors the work of assigned licensed and non-licensed personnel. When indicated initiates a refresher or recertifies competency in nursing processes.
- NC (or compact) RN license - REQUIRED
- Need the last 4 of SSN at the point of submission so client can run a healthcare registry check
- 2 years of behavioral health experience - Preferred
- New Grads are welcome to apply
STATE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- North Carolina