The Intermediate Care Unit is more of a telemetry step-down unit. There are Cardiac, Medical, and Surgical patient's that need cardiac monitoring for new or chronic cardiac disease while they are treating these patients. This is the typical telemetry unit with rapid patient turnover as they treat and transfer to General Medical, Skilled, or discharge as with cardiac patients who have negative stress test.
- Administers total care to patients and performs the primary functions of a registered nurse in assessing, diagnosing, identifying outcomes, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of all assigned patients.
- Discharges duties in a professional manner consistent with the established medical/surgical standards of nursing practice, hospital policies and procedures and the current regulations governing nursing practice in the state.
- # of beds: 30
- Nurse to patient ratio: 1:5 on days and nights
- 2+ years of Tele/Step Down experience - Required
- Cardiac, Medical, and Surgical patient experience - Required
- BLS (AHA)
STATE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- West Virginia